Thursday, December 17, 2009

'tis the season

You know it's Christmas around here because Little S insists we read The Night Before Christmas every night as one of her 3 books before bed. I must admit it is very sweet to have a little one fall asleep laying next to me as I'm reading those words. We have the version illustrated by Mary Engelbreit. It was a gift to Little S 2 years ago and when she was younger she liked reading it just because there was so much candy in the illustrations. She would pretend to pick pieces of candy off the page and eat them.
You know it's Christmas around here because we've made 4 batches of my great-grandma's peanut butter cup cookies and a batch of fudge in 24 hours. We attended a play-group cookie exchange today that was much fun. We've been reading a Christmas scripture and singing a carol each night - Little S finds the scripture/carol card that's hidden on the tree each night. We've also been eating by candlelight to remind her that it's a special time (the candlelit dinner idea was on Inchmark).

You know it's Christmas around here because D and I were up late last night sticking labels and stamps on our Christmas cards. At least everyone will get them before Christmas this year!

You know it's Christmas around here because a few days ago my neighbors could spy me chasing the girls around the front yard trying to get pics worthy of a Christmas card. I liked this one but D gave me a veto.

You know it's Christmas around here because Little S is singing her school Christmas program songs to herself in the backseat as we drive around town. The program is tomorrow and in the evening we have her music class Christmas program. It's going to be a big day for her.

No comments: