Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Here's to all the moms! I have a fantastic, talented, inspiring mother. It is only after I became a mother myself that I came to appreciate her skill at mothering and the personal endeavors mothers (and fathers) choose to give up so they may stay at home with their kids.

One of the greatest gifts my mother gave my siblings and I was the gift of music in our home. I remember pounding the upper keys of the piano while she practiced the hymns for church - how she was able to ignore the pounding of the kids and continue playing shows her patience as a mother. I also remember banging wooden spoons on pots and pans and marching in circles as she practiced "Called To Serve". In addition, she was my accompanist as I studied the violin - it was a great opportunity for us to work together. Thank you, Mom!

Above photo by the great Rodney Smith.

D and Little S and I are headed to Las Vegas for the weekend to visit his parents.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Nicole O said...

Happy Mother's Day! I saw you won on design mom, that is a fun mother's day gift. Hope you had a great weekend.