Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Farewell party

This past weekend I helped coordinate a farewell party for my friend Chanel and her family. She has been a great friend and motherhood mentor to me - she always had a reassuring word for me when I was struggling with whatever Little S was or wasn't doing at the moment. "It's totally normal, all kids do that; have her read books in the bathroom while you're potty-training..." (that last one was golden). I will miss her more than I can say. I'm excited for their new life adventures but sad for myself (I'm so selfish) because I won't have her experience and bright outlook on life and motherhood at a moment's notice.

And, as an expert quilter and all-around crafter, she has helped me get countless projects done when I was ready to throw them away or bury them in the closet. She's awesome.

Pics from the party are on her blog. I haven't organized my pics from the fete yet.

No comments: